Several of you have asked for more information about the Essential Oils my family is using. Here is my attempt to answer your common questions and give you insight into how Essential Oils have greatly benefited my family.
Our health insurance situation changed in the fall of 2014. One of the outcomes of this change was I suddenly felt more responsible to keep my family healthy! (What a concept, right?!?!) I had a friend who had posted on social media about her experience with Essential Oils, so I asked her to come and teach me. I did some research on my own, looked into the company, heard her testimony and decided to make the investment and try them out.
There’s something very peaceful and exciting about using God-made tools to supplement our health. God made the plants and oils that come from them, and His ways are perfect! We definitely believe in many advantages of modern medicine, but we do not want to be unbalanced and totally dependent on something that’s been around for 100 years – when Essential Oils have been around since Bible times! Did you know that oils are referenced over 600 times in the Bible?
To be honest, the more I learn about the chemistry and efficacy of pure, therapeutic grade essential oils, the more I am absolutely fascinated. Of course a Supreme Creator God would design a tool for our healing and wellness that is amazing and exceeds our limited understanding! I believe that God intends for us to live a life of fullness and abundance on this earth. (John 10:10) Oils, along with proper nutrition, adequate sleep and activity, healthy relationships, Sabbath time and a vibrant spiritual life, together help us experience that intended abundant life.
We consistently use 5-10 different oils a day (sometimes more!) and now they are our immediate go-to for initial treatment. Our use of over-the-counter medicines has decreased drastically, and I know we have made a significant investment in our overall, long-term health. We have experienced drastic improvement in our immune system response, better digestive support and strong emotional support. We get so excited recounting all the ways they have blessed our family!
What Are They?
Essential Oils are derived from plant products, and they work at the cellular level in our bodies to bring about therapeutic change and benefits. They are non-toxic, have no significant side effects, are safe and can benefit everyone!
I researched several companies and ultimately chose to purchase oils from Young Living. Their company impressed me with their integrity, longevity, and commitment to quality oils. I also love that they oversee every single aspect of the oil process from Seed to Seal. They don’t “farm out” parts of the process; it is all under the management of their company. They grow the plants in a non-toxic environment and their quality is un-matched. (Love their customer service too!)
The Starter Kit Oils
Here are some basic benefits we have experienced with each of the oils in the Premium Starter Kit. I’ll list the benefits in a bullet point format – though sometime I’d love to tell you the STORY behind how each one worked for us! Young living has over 450 products, and someday I hope to own them all!! But the PSK is the best deal for starting out. It contains 11 bottles of oils, various other samples and a home diffuser.
- Called the “Swiss Army Knife of Oils” because of so many uses – over 800!!!
- Very adaptable for the body’s needs
- Gentle to use on babies and little ones
- Powerful skin support; I use it in my facial mixture daily.
- Incredibly relaxing and comforting in the diffuser!
- Makes linens smell awesome!
- Powerful in supporting our immune system and helping to fight germs
- Numbing properties for sore gums or throats
- Soothing for the respiratory system when used as a tea
- We use Thieves cleaner instead of all other toxic, chemical-laden cleaners.
- We will not EVER be without this one!! Great for winter wellness.
- Great icy hot feel on sore muscles in my shoulders and neck.
- Contains wintergreen, which is often used for massage.
- Stimulating aroma
- This is the 1st oil I ran out of – I use it all of the time!
- So cleansing and refreshing. Love to diffuse and make the house smell fresh.
- Put in steam mop or dusting rags as I clean. It took up stains on the couch that nothing else could touch!
- We all put a drop of lemon in our water at least once a day to build our immunity.
- We apply it with Thieves to the feet to keep us well.
- It takes 75 lemons to make 1 bottle of lemon essential oil – very concentrated and powerful.
- Need I say more???? WOW!
- I apply this daily to my wrists (some days require multiple applications!). LOVE. THIS. ONE.
- Our go-to for anything related to the digestive system!
- This stays in my purse at all times.
- Supports the nervous, respiratory and digestive systems.
- Delicious in coffee, hot chocolate and baked goods.
- Energizing and uplifting. I add it as a combo with many other essential oils in my diffuser.
- 1 drop is the equivalent of 25-28 cups of peppermint tea. Potent!
- Add to skin products to moisturize and improve the appearance of skin.
- Love to diffuse this to cleanse the air of odors and germs.
- Use it in the steam mop or when cleaning – smells amazing and cleans wonderfully!
- We add this to thieves and lemon to strengthen the immune system.
- Very calming!
- My skin loves it!
- Known as a holy anointing oil, used for thousands of years. I’ve started diffusing or applying Frankincense during my daily devotions.
- Use to support more intense digestive needs.
- Contains fennel that dates back to ancient Egyptians.
- Makes your belly happy! – safe to use on little ones with unhappy bellies.
- Think Vicks!
- Contains eucalyptus
- Respiratory support when diffused
- This is an immune-building wellness drink made primarily from the wolfberry plant and essential oils.
- Powerful anti-oxidant and full of highly-absorbable nutrition.
- I’ve noticed more sustained energy; I’m able to stay up a little bit longer than the kids now!!
- The starter kit comes with 2 sample packets of this. Put it in the fridge and drink cold. Delicious and so supportive to overall health and wellbeing.
We also love: Cedarwood (out like a light!), Peace and Calming (even calms the dog down!), Orange (delish!), Vetiver (neurological support), Ylang Ylang (HAPPY!), and Oregano (immune support).
If you are interested in trying the oils (I guarantee you will see multiple benefits if you are using them often!), then I strongly recommend you start out with the Premium Starter Kit.
Benefits of the PSK are:
- You get 11 bottles of oils, sample packets of Ninxgia Red, samples of oils to put in your purse or give to others, a Home or Dewdrop Diffuser, and lots of written information – over a $300 value.
- It allows you to make future purchases of oils at the Wholesale vs. Retail rate – a 24% savings.
- It sets you up to receive commissions if you share the oils with others- though there is zero obligation to sell or share anything with anyone.
First -a couple of notes!!
- Be sure to choose “Wholesale Member” to get the best pricing!
- Include this number as your Sponsor and Enroller ID: 2136986 (*if another friend introduced you to YL Oils, please ask them for and use their Sponsor and Enroller ID.)
- Choose the “Premium Starter Kit” and the diffuser of your choice.
- Essential Rewards is a great option if you think you’ll want to purchase oils regularly. If you just want to order the PSK for now, click “No, thank you” under Optional Step 3.
Once you order, I will add you to some phenomenal Facebook groups where you will learn all about how to use the oils on a daily basis. This resource is amazing and something I rely on daily! I will also make myself available to help teach you personally how to make the most use of your oils. We can get together over coffee or hold a class in your home.
I hope this has been helpful. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if I can do anything to help you on your oily journey to better health!